Monday, December 19, 2011

She's off to London

My middle daughter is heading to London to march w/ her high school band in the Queen's New Year's Day Parade.  Lots of planning, saving and fundraising went into this trip.  We are now in the home stretch. Does she have everything she needs? Does she have enough money (cash, debit card and pound)?  I'm sending my baby over the pond.

What you should know is until last year I had never been away from my kids for more than a weekend. So for our 25th Anniversary my husband took me to Key West for 2 full weeks. My over protective husband decided they could stay home by themselves. The man who sets bed time at 10 on most nights and curfew at 11 if they do go out. This shocked us all.  Helps that we have cops and teachers for neighbors.  All was fine and the house sans one big screen TV was intact. No, they didn't break it. We knew it was a matter of time since there was a 3 step ritual to turn it on.

The other two are headed to Key West for some fun in the sun with Grandma and Grandpa.

Today was a melt down day for us all. Every little thing set someone off.
Are all the girls packed? Do they have everything?  Medicine, swimsuits, winter coats, towels, rain gear.  Packing 3 kids for 2 totally different climates gets confusing. So glad they can pack themselves. We ran over the London check list while I did the youngest's hair. Then again while I was finishing up a last minute gift.

Only ran over the Key West check list once, we seem to have forgotten to pack towels. Tomorrow we will run over it again.
We all lived through he day made up and even helped each other get their stuff ready,  and are now in bed. Yes, we were all sent to bed at 10.

I am interested to see how tomorrow goes when  everyone has to say good by and go their separate ways.  The younger two are use to telling the older one by and only seeing her every few weeks since she's left for college.  I guess this will be a trial run for next year when the second one head off to school. The are close  thou they fight once in a while the are also friends.

Better sign off tomorrow's a big day.  I hate goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment